Fire in Green Bay displaces 13 people

GREEN BAY, Wis. - 13 tenants and 3 pets were displaced Wednesday evening after an apartment complex caught fire in Green Bay.

The Green Bay Metro Fire Department was called to an 8-unit apartment building on the 1300 block of Western Avenue shortly before 6:30 p.m.

All of the tenants were outside when firefighters arrived on scene.

Crews found floor trusses on fire near wiring in the apartment's basement.

The fire was put out quickly, and the utilities were turned off as a preventative measure.

It caused around $10,000 in damage, according to a press release. The Red Cross is provided assistance to the affected tenants.

 

Print this article Back to Top