Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and his running mate Kamala Harris are maintaining their lead over President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, according to a new poll by Marquette University released Wednesday afternoon.
According to the poll, Biden leads Trump in Wisconsin by 6 points, polling at 46% to Trump's 40%.
Among all registered voters, new poll finds 46% favoring Biden, 40% favoring Trump. A month earlier, it was Biden 48% and Trump 42%. #mulawpoll
— MULawPoll (@MULawPoll) September 9, 2020
Among Wisconsin likely voters, 47% of voters say they will vote for Biden, 43% say they will vote for Trump, according to the poll.
Before the events in Kenosha, Biden was supported by 49 percent and Trump by 44 percent, with 6 percent not choosing either, the poll finds. In June among likely voters, Biden had 50 percent and Trump 44 percent, with 6 percent not choosing either.
The Marquette poll also found:
- Approval of Black Lives Matter protests barely changed following the Kenosha events.
- Approval of President Trump’s response to protests rose following his visit to Kenosha among Republicans but shifted only slightly among other voters.
- Gov. Tony Evers’ job approval has fallen to pre-coronavirus levels after a period of increased approval.
- Parents of school-age children have grown more uncomfortable with reopening schools.
- While two-thirds of respondents say they would definitely or probably get a vaccine for COVID-19, a third say they would probably or definitely not get vaccinated.
- The poll was conducted from Aug. 30 to Sept. 3, 2020. The sample included 802 registered voters in Wisconsin interviewed by cell phone or landline, with a margin of error of +/- 4 percentage points. There are 688 likely voters, with a margin of error of +/- 4.3 percentage points.
Although Trump has been confident in re-election, Biden holds the advantage in many of the key battleground states at this time.