Beware of fast flows and elevated levels on area rivers and streams, due to runoff from recent rainfall.
Another Spring Storm is packing a punch of rising river risks, with an additional 1-2" of rain arriving Tuesday night into Wednesday. Ice jams are possible.
A Flood Warning is still in effect for the Wolf River near Shiocton affecting Shawano, Outagamie and Waupaca Counties until Wednesday evening.
* WHAT...Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* WHERE...Wolf River near Shiocton.
* WHEN...Until Wednesday evening.
* IMPACTS...At 11.5 feet, There is minor flooding at the city park along with lowland and adjacent agricultural land.
- At 7:30 AM CDT Sunday the stage was 11.3 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to fall below flood stage early Tuesday afternoon, but more rain 1-2" is expected Tuesday - Friday.
- Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
- Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 11.2 feet on 04/23/2003.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.
Please report observed flooding to local emergency services or law enforcement and request they pass this information to the National Weather Service when you can do so safely.
Caution is urged when walking near riverbanks.