Green Bay Packers General Manager Ted Thompson has proven time and time again that he can make the right selections for the green and gold in the NFL draft.
Of the 63 players on the Packers' roster, 31 were drafted by Thompson, according to the Packers draft preview.
Let's take a look back at some of Thompson's best choices in his 12 drafts with the Packers:
- 2005: In his first draft with Green Bay, Thompson selected Aaron Rodgers in the first round and safety Nick Collins in the second.
- 2006: Thompson added a pair of future Pro Bowlers with linebacker A.J. Hawk in the first round and wide receiver Greg Jennings in the second.
- 2007: Using draft-day trades to acquire more picks, Thompson added several key contributors including receiver James Jones, linebacker Desmond Bishop, and kicker Mason Crosby.
- 2008: Another successful draft yielded Jordy Nelson, tight end Jermichael Finley, and Pro Bowl guard Josh Sitton.
- 2009: In a dramatic move, the Packers traded back into the first round to select linebacker Clay Matthews. Thompson also picked DT B.J. Raji with the ninth overall pick.
- 2010: Thompson drafted tackle Bryan Bulaga and safety Morgan Burnett.
- 2011: Seven of the 10 players picked went on to appear in a game for the Packers in their first season, the team said, including wide receiver Randall Cobb, who was drafted in the second round.
- 2012: The Packers pick linebacker Nick Perry in the first round, cornerback Casey Hayward in the second, and DT Mike Daniels in the fourth.
- 2013: Green Bay added key offensive lineman David Bakhtiari, who became the first Packers rookie to start every game at left tackle since 1978. The Packers also drafted running back Eddie Lacy.
- 2014: Thompson picks safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, wide receiver Davante Adams, tight end Richard Rodgers, and center Corey Linsley, who all made starts as rookies.
- 2015: The 2015 draft proved to be another success as Thompson picked cornerbacks Damarious Randall and Quinten Rollins, wide receiver Ty Montgomery, and linebacker Jake Ryan.
- 2016: DT Kenny Clark and linebacker Blake Martinez are drafted in the first and fourth rounds respectively, making immediate impacts on the field during the season.