NewsLocal NewsIn Your NeighborhoodOshkosh


Tempura flakes combustion causes fire at Sakura Steakhouse in Oshkosh

Oshkosh Fire Department
Posted at 10:34 AM, Apr 10, 2023
and last updated 2023-04-10 11:34:57-04

OSHKOSH (NBC 26) — A spontaneous combustion of deep-fired tempura flakes caused a fire at an Oshkosh Sakura Japanese Steakhouse.

According to the Oshkosh Fire Department, crews responded to 330 North Koeller Street in Oshkosh for a water flow alarm. Upon arrival, crews upgraded the alarm to a structure fire after observing smoke coming from the building.

The fire activated the fire sprinkler system which controlled the fire until it could be fully extinguished.

No injuries were reported.