More than 50 acts will take the Weidner Center stage during the 2017-2018 performing arts season, UW-Green Bay announced Wednesday.
The line-up includes musicals, children's performances and comedic icons for the Weidner Center's 25th year.
“The Weidner is a unique venue in Northeast Wisconsin, with a dual mission to enrich our community and the academic experience of students on campus,” noted University Provost Gregory Davis at the season announcement. “Our distinction is one we savor. We are constantly looking for ways to blend the educational mission of the University with our commitment to the community. The 2017-2018 Weidner Season does just that in some very exciting ways.”
Highlights of the line-up include:
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 Live! - August 6, 2017
- Peppa Pig Live! - November 10, 2017
- Holiday Pops - December 8 and 9, 2017
- Jerry Seinfeld - January 26, 2018
- Jazz Fest 48 - January 27, 2018
- PAW Patrol Live! - February 17 and 18, 2018
- Riverdance 20 Years - February 20 and 21, 2018
- Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella - March 31, 2018
- Jersey Boys - April 22, 2018
UW-Green Bay Music and Theater also unveiled their upcoming schedules, which include Jazz Fest 48, the longest running jazz festival in Wisconsin.
“We’re thrilled to give students so many performance opportunities during the year while bringing great variety to the local arts scene,” says Randy Meder, Chair of UW-Green Bay’s Music program. “The opportunity to perform in one of the most acoustically amazing concert halls in the Midwest is, for many of our students, the highlight of their college careers.”
Tickets are currently on sale via subscription through July 16, 2017. Tickets go on sale to the general public on July 20.
For a full list of this season's performances, and ticketing information, visit the Weidner Center website here.