News

Actions

Two thousand volunteers requested for evidence search in Jayme Closs case

Posted: 11:15 AM, Oct 22, 2018
Updated: 2018-10-22 18:08:50-04
Two thousand volunteers requested for evidence search in Jayme Closs case

UPDATE: Authorities have released pictures of "vehicles of interest" in the case. 

During a news conference Monday afternoon, the Barron County Sheriff says these vehicles were seen near the Closs's residence at the time of Jayme's disappearance. 

If you have seen any of the vehicles in the general area of Barron, WI, between approximately October 8th, and October 22nd, 2018, please contact the Barron County tip line.

Tip Lines:
Telephone: 1-855-744-3879
Email: jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us
Text: bctips847411

--

The Barron County Sheriff's Office is requesting the public’s assistance on Tuesday, October 23, for another search for evidence in the Jayme Closs case. 

"We are requesting the public’s assistance on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, in conducting an expanded routine search for articles of evidentiary value that may be related to the incident," the Sheriff's Office says in a statement. 

This is the second call for volunteers helping them search. A search last week did not turn up anything useful. 

Two thousand volunteers are needed and should report to the staging area at 1883 Hwy 25, Barron WI, also known as The Hungry Hollow Grounds at the intersection of Hwy 25 and 19th Ave no later than 9:00 a.m. All volunteers must be registered at the staging area in order to participate in the search. Barron County officials will register all volunteers until 9:00 a.m., gates will close promptly at that time.

The Sheriff's Office says volunteers must be 18 years or older and present a picture form of identification. Volunteers must be able to walk on uneven terrain. Proper footwear (boots required) and cold weather clothing are required and may become dirty or stained.

Once the Sheriff's Office has 2,000 able-bodied volunteers, deputies will need to turn additional people away.