Two people displaced after Allouez fire

Posted at 3:40 PM, Oct 02, 2016
and last updated 2016-10-02 16:40:49-04

The Green Bay Metro Fire Department responded to a fire at a single family residence today just after 1 PM on Memory Court in Allouez.

The department says it started in the rear wall of a garage and caused $5,000 worth of damage.

When crews arrived they found heavy smoke and a neighbor using a garden hose to put water on the fire. Firefighters had the fire out within 5 minutes.

Two people are now displaced and the American Red Cross is now assisting.