Three displaced after garage fire in Appleton

Posted at 7:57 AM, Dec 17, 2017
and last updated 2017-12-17 20:29:17-05

Three people are displaced after an attached garage caught fire at an Appleton home Saturday evening.

Crews were dispatched to the home around 8:35 p.m., finding heavy smoke and flames at the front of the garage.

The fire spread to the attic of the garage and the home, crews said. Other areas of the home suffered heat and smoke damage.

No injuries were reported and everyone was able to evacuate. Damage estimates were not immediately available.

The fire will add a third red bulb to the city's Keep it Green program this holiday season.