WEST ALLIS (NBC 26) — The 2022 Wisconsin State Fair concluded on August 14, here are this years totals including attendance and number of cream puffs made.
A total of 1,003,450 people attended the fair from August 4 through the 14, a 19% increase from the 2021 attendance.
“After 171 years, the Wisconsin State Fair remains a time-honored tradition for our community and state,” said Shari Black, chief executive officer and executive director of Wisconsin State Fair Park. “The noteworthy attendance of the Wisconsin State Fair is proof that fairs continue to be a mainstay in Wisconsin summers. With another phenomenal State Fair in the books, together as a staff, we look forward to 2023.”
The Wisconsin Bakers Association served 320,000 original cream puffs to fairgoers wanting to get a taste of the iconic Wisconsin dessert.
Other numbers to note
- Over 10,000 competitive exhibit and animal entries were judged and showcased
- 25,000 plants decorated the park
- $321,950 raised at the Governor's Blue Ribbon Livestock Auction
- $100,000 raised at the Governor's Blue Ribbon Meat Products Auction
- $45,565 raised at the Governor's Blue Ribbon Dairy Products Auction
- 100,000 ears of corn severed
- 13,000 Peno Pretzel Popper Brats sold as the first place Sporkies winner
The fair also broke records for the number of rides and games offered in SpinCity and for number of people that rode the WonderFair Wheel.
Staying true to the motto "something for everyone" new additions and cherished traditions were offered like the new BMX PROS Trick Team show to the nostalgic Giant Slide.
Fair officials hope to bring more excitement than ever for the 2023 State Fair as improvements continue to be made throughout the Fair Park.
Mark your calendars, the 2023 Wisconsin State Fair, presented by UScellular, will take place August 3 through 13.