Six people displaced after cooking fire

Posted: 8:09 PM, Apr 20, 2018
Updated: 2018-04-21 01:09:52Z

According to Green Bay Metro Fire, six people are out of their home after a kitchen fire. No one was hurt.

This happened Friday, just before 3:00 p.m. in the 100 Block of Cleveland Street.

According to fire crews, when they arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from all sides of the home and a fire in the rear portion. They put the fire out within minutes.

Crews say the home was heavily damaged by the fire, which started in the kitchen. 

There’s about $75,000 in damage. 

The Red Cross is helping those displaced. 

GBMFD would like to remind all people to never leave cooking materials unattended. You must remain in the kitchen whenever something is on the stove