The Salvation Army is once again interviewing families and individuals to receive a little extra help this Christmas.
The organization is expecting to give out gifts and other holiday essentials to more than 5,000 children needing assistance this year. Families and individuals can sign up for Coats for Kids, Toys for Tots and food basket distributions.
They are interviewing families for Christmas assistance from 3- 7 p.m. Thursday, October 10 at the Green Bay Corps Community Center at 626 Union Court.
There will also be interviews the following days and times:
- October 16, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Green Bay Corps Community Center (Includes Coats for Kids applications)
- October 21, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Green Bay Corps Community Center (Includes Coats for Kids applications)
- December 4, 1 p.m.-7 p.m. at The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center, 1315 Lime Kiln Road (NO applications for Coats for Kids)
To sign up for these programs, parents or guardians must bring:
- A picture ID for all adults in the household
- Proof of current address like a rent receipt or utility bill
- Birth certificate or other birth date verification for children in the house.
These three items are required. You cannot interview without them.