News

Actions

Meat smoker causes kitchen fire in Kaukauna

Posted: 9:32 PM, Sep 02, 2018
Updated: 2018-09-02 22:32:37-04
Meat smoker causes kitchen fire in Kaukauna

First responders said a kitchen fire forced an evacuation of a restaurant Sunday afternoon in Kaukauna.

Firefighters said it started at around 3:30 p.m. at Cozzy Corner on the 100 block of E. 2nd St.  

According to a press release, meat in a smoker fell onto a heat element and ignited. No one got hurt, but it did about $250 in damage. 

Firefighters said they told the owner to not use the smoker indoors.