After reports surfaced over the weekend that Gander Mountain's 126 stores were going out of business, new CEO Marcus Lemonis has released a list of 50 locations around the country that will remain open, including six Wisconsin retailers.
However, there is still no word on whether or not the Green Bay or Appleton stores will close.
Lemonis tweeted an updated list of surviving stores Monday:
— Marcus Lemonis (@marcuslemonis) May 8, 2017
The six Wisconsin locations are:
- DeForest, WI (6199 E Metro Dr, DeForest, WI 53532)
- Eau Claire, WI (6440 Scully Dr, Eau Claire, WI 54701)
- Franklin, WI (6939 S 27th St, Franklin, WI 53132)
- Kenosha, WI (6802 118th Ave, Kenosha, WI 53140)
- Onalaska, WI (1200 Crossing Meadows Dr, Onalaska, WI 54650)
- Rothschild, WI (1560 County Rd XX, Rothschild, WI 54474)
Lemonis graduated from Marquette University in 1995, and owns Camping World, which announced the acquisition of Gander Mountain last month.
Lemonis said he wants to keep at least 70 Gander Mountain sporting goods stores open.
This means that several other Wisconsin locations could potentially remain open. There are seven more Wisconsin stores that were not listed in Lemonis' original tweet:
- Appleton, WI (535 North Westhill Boulevard, Appleton, WI 54914)
- Baraboo, WI (315 W Pine St, Baraboo, WI 53913)
- Germantown, WI (W190 N10768 Commerce Cir, Germantown, WI 53022)
- Green Bay, WI (2323 Woodman Dr, Green Bay, WI 54303)
- Janesville, WI (2900 Deerfield Dr, Janesville, WI 53546)
- Sheboygan, WI (4224 Gander Rd, Sheboygan, WI 53083)
- Waukesha, WI (2440 E Moreland Blvd, Waukesha, WI 53186)
Lemonis also stars on the CNBC show "The Profit."