NewsLocal News

Actions

Man charged with attempted homicide in Fond du Lac stabbing case

police
Posted at 6:41 AM, Sep 14, 2022
and last updated 2022-09-14 07:41:47-04

FOND DU LAC (NBC 26)  — A 31-year-old man is facing attempted homicide and reckless endangerment charges in connection to a stabbing case that happened last month.

Authorities didn't identify the man but said in a statement that charges of Attempted Homicide and First Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety were referred to the Fond du Lac County District Attorney’s Office.

In the early morning hours of August 6, Fond du Lac Police said officers were called to the SSM Health Emergency Dept. for a person being treated for several knife wounds.

According to the victim, police said an unknown individual confronted him outside of The Press Box Tavern. During the confrontation, police said the victim was cut multiple times with an edged weapon. The victim had multiple injuries and was treated by SSM staff.

Police said the victim was a 40-year-old man.

On August 8, Fond du Lac Police said investigators developed a person of interest and took a 31-year-old Fond du Lac man into custody on an unrelated probation violation and he has remained behind bars since.

More information is expected to be released "if and when" a criminal complaint is filed, the police department said.