NewsLocal NewsIn Your NeighborhoodGreen Bay


Six displaced after fireworks-related fire

Fire Marshal determined cause was related to improper disposal of fireworks
fire generic
Posted at 6:05 AM, Jul 04, 2022
and last updated 2022-07-04 07:05:59-04

GREEN BAY, Wis. (NBC 26) — Six people are displaced after a fire Sunday night, that the Fire Marshal says was caused by the improper disposal of fireworks.

The Green Bay Metro Fire Department was called to the scene on the corner of Dousman and Platten Street in Green Bay around 11:30 Sunday night. The report said a fence was on fire and it was spreading towards a house. While firefighters were en route, they were told the fire had spread to the home.

On the scene, firefighters were able to control the fire within 10 minutes. Damage was contained to a corner of house and roof, with smoke extension throughout the three-unit home.

The six people who lived there had evacuated before the fire department arrived. No one was hurt in the incident.

The Fire Marshal determined the cause of the fire was related to the improper disposal of fireworks.