GREEN BAY (NBC 26) -- Green Bay Police is changing some of its procedure to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
In a news release Tuesday, the department lists the following changes to procedure:
• All non-employees are prohibited from ente ring the police department.
• All department tours, presentations, training, and travel have been suspended.
• Officers will encourage “Social Distancing.”
• Officers may ask you to step outside to talk as a practice of social distancing.
• Officer are given the discretion to investigate incidents over the phone.
• Police encourage residents to complete an on line report https://report.gbpolice.org/
• Employees may call complainants back and initiate a report which can be followed up on at a later date.
• Officers are authorized to make phone contact with complainants in situations where face-to-face contact isn’t required.
• Tours, ride alongs, fingerprints, out of state travel, trainings and roll call are suspended.
• Police are implementing a telecommuting procedure for employees to work off site.
These changes come as other law enforcement agencies in Northeast Wisconsin announced changes in reaction to COVID-19. Both Neenah Police and the Brown County Sheriff's Office announced changes earlier in the week.