FOND DU LAC (NBC 26) — A propane tank could be to blame for a fire leaving a Fond du Lac home uninhabitable.
Fond du Lac Fire Rescue said around 9:30 p.m. Sunday, they were called to 52 W. Bank Street where they found a garage covered in flames. A homeowner told crews a large propane tank was inside which could have caused an explosion, destroying the garage. (See photos from crews below)
The fire was under control within 45 minutes, but not before it had spread to a nearby family home which now can't be lived in.
Thankfully, there were no injuries. Crews are still investigating the cause.