FOND DU LAC, Wis — On Friday firefighters from Fond du Lac went on a door to door mission in the area surrounding a home that started on fire Thursday morning all in an attempt, to prevent something like that from happening again.
The firefighters were trying to inform the public some of the things they can do to prevent a fire and even be more prepared for a potential fire. Firefighters say by approaching neighbors of where Thursday’s fire occurred, where three people were found dead inside of the home, they can send a message about being prepared for such an event.
“It makes you aware, it gives you a little situational awareness, thinking okay how is this going to affect me if something like this happens to me. So I think it does open up eyes and people look a little bit closer on how their smoke detectors work and how they can get out of the house if there is an emergency,” says Troy Haase of Fond du Lac’s Fire and Rescue team.
Firefighters in Fond du Lac reminded the people that they visited on Friday that every household should have an escape plan and a smoke and carbon monoxide detector in every room.
Haase says if they missed you today and you would like them to give you a free home inspection to make sure you’re prepared for a fire, you should reach out to them directly.