GREEN BAY (NBC 26) — Firefighters responded to a 1.5 story house fire just after 7:30 a.m. Monday.
Green Bay Metro Fire Department said the fire happened on the 800 block of 9th street. They found the fire had started in an upstairs bedroom.
First responders said their efforts were hampered by hoarding conditions. They remind everyone to not accumulate items in your home for safety reasons; it can delay entry and exit into the structure.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before it could spread into any other part of the home.
According to the Department, one firefighter suffered a deep cut on the hand while performing their duties.