SHAWANO (NBC 26) — Nobody was hurt after a home caught fire in Shawano Wednesday morning.
Firefighters responded to a home near West 5th and West Lafayette around 6:20 a.m.
Firefighters say the people living there were able to make it out safely, and firefighters were able to save a snake and a turtle from the burning home.
The American Red Cross is helping the people affected by the fire.
We are working to learn how much damage was caused and how the fire started.
Please stay with NBC 26 on air and online as this story develops.