NewsLocal News


Fire Crews: Smoking materials apparent cause of Appleton home fire

fire generic
Posted at 4:31 PM, Apr 24, 2022
and last updated 2022-04-25 10:04:07-04

Smoking materials were the apparent cause of a weekend fire in Appleton, according to an Appleton Fire Department news release.

Crews were called to a home along the 1800 block of East Forest Street just before 1 a.m. Sunday.

Dispatchers notified crews that everyone was out of the home, according to the release.

Crews brought the fire under control within 15 minutes.

No one was hurt.

Appleton crews issued this reminder: "Put [a] cigarette out in an ashtray or bucket with sand. Use ashtrays with a wide base so they won't tip over and start a fire."

The fire was the second home fire in Appleton over the weekend.