NewsLocal News


Fire Crews: Residents report charcoal grill sparked fire

Orange flames burning
Posted at 9:20 PM, Apr 24, 2022
and last updated 2022-04-24 22:20:56-04

Residents reported that a home fire was sparked by a charcoal grill that was inside a portion of a home under construction in Kaukauna, according to a Kaukauna Fire-Rescue news release.

Crews were called to the home along the 800 block of Lawe Street just after 4:15 p.m. Sunday.

Residents used a garden hose to contain the spread of the fire, crews said.

Firefighters put out the rest of the fire. Damage was limited to the new construction area.

Firefighters say grills "should not be placed close to flammable objects or structures and always be attended," the news release said.