FOND DU LAC (NBC 26) -- Eight people were taken to area hospitals Monday afternoon following a carbon monoxide leak, Fond du Lac firefighters say.
According to Fond du Lac Fire Rescue, firefighters responded to Quality Packaging on Sullivan Road for a report of a possible carbon monoxide leak with warehouse workers feeling ill.
Upon arrival, Fond du Lac Fire Rescue said several workers complained of symptoms that indicated carbon monoxide poisoning. Alliant Energy was also on scene and they along with fire crews detected elevated carbon monoxide levels in the warehouse.
The building was evacuated and ventilated. Eight patients were transported to hospitals in Fond du Lac and Waupun.
Fond du Lac Fire Rescue said the apparent cause of the leak was narrowed down to a forklift used in the warehouse.