NewsLocal News

Actions

Cigarette causes Fond du Lac house fire

Investigators say a cigarette caused a house to catch fire in Fond du Lac Tuesday night. Fortunately, the fire was quickly contained, and nobody was hurt.
Fire truck
Posted at 4:18 AM, Nov 15, 2023

FOND DU LAC (NBC 26) — Firefighters say the back porch of a home caught fire in Fond du Lac Tuesday night.

Crews responded to the 100 block of McWilliams Street at 10:30 p.m.

Firefighters say the fire was caused by a cigarette that wasn't properly extinguished and thrown out.

Firefighters were able to quickly contain the flames, and the fire did not spread to the rest of the home.

Fortunately, nobody was hurt.