Lightning strike sparks fire at Fond du Lac home

Posted at 10:54 PM, Jul 13, 2018
and last updated 2018-07-13 23:54:21-04

A lightning strike sparked a fire at a Fond du Lac home Friday night, according to Fond du Lac Fire / Rescue.

Crews were called to the 700 block of Country Club Lane just before 5:30 p.m..

Smoke and fire was discovered in the attic, but firefighters put it out before it spread.

The lightning strike caused severe damage to the home's electrical system, authorities said.

No one was hurt.