Laundry bags catch fire at Bay Towel in Ashwaubenon

Posted at 9:18 AM, Jul 21, 2018
and last updated 2018-07-21 23:56:17-04

Crews responded to a fire at Bay Towel in Ashwaubenon. 

It happened at 12:25 a.m. Saturday on the 2500 block of South Broadway Street. 

When fire crews arrived on scene there was heavy smoke inside the business. 

The fire was located in an area of suspended laundry bags that were attached to a conveyer system as part of a laundry process. 

The burning laundry bags were quickly extinguished and the building was ventilated of smoke. 

Damage estimates are $5,000. 

The business was not open at the time of the fire. 

There were no injuries.