Drivers be on the lookout! More than sixty different schools will celebrate International Walk to School day on Wednesday, October 5.
The day gives children, school administration, elected officials and community members a chance to to school together
About 1,300 students and community members are expected to participate. Appleton, Hortonville and Neenah school districts have schools involved.
The goal is to teach kids about walking safety.
Some of those safety tips include,
- Walk with a friend when possible.
- Ask your parents to help you pick a safe route to school; one that avoids dangers.
- Stick to the route you picked with your parents. Don’t let friends talk you into shortcuts that are more dangerous.
- When you are near the street, don’t push, shove, or chase each other.
- Never hitchhike or take rides from people not arranged by your parents.
- Talk to your parents and teacher about any bullying that may happen during your walk.