House fire displaces five

Posted at 10:37 PM, Mar 03, 2016
and last updated 2016-03-04 09:14:40-05
No one is hurt in a Green Bay house fire, but five people are out of their home. According to Green Bay Metro Fire Dept., the fire broke out just after 4:00 p.m. in the 600 Block of Ravenswood Dr. Green Bay. 
Crews say the fire started in the garage and was caused by a misuse of electrical extension cords. There’s about $60,000 in damage. 
The first units arrived in 3 minutes and found heavy smoke showing from the attached garage as well as the attic and soffit of the rest of the single story ranch home. Flames were visible from the rear of the garage. Crews made entry and had the fire knocked down in approximately 10 minutes.
Occupants are being assisted by the American Red Cross. Also assisting on scene were the Green Bay Police and Public Works Departments and Wisconsin Public Service.