News

Actions

Fridge sparks dorm room fire

WGBA-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 2:18 PM, Oct 02, 2016
and last updated 2016-10-02 15:18:10-04

The Appleton Fire Department was dispatched at 10:49 a.m. on Sunday, October 02, 2016 for a fire at 732 East Boldt Way, on the Lawrence University Campus.

The initial fire crews arrived on scene at 10:52 a.m. to a 2 story dormitory hall that was in the process of being evacuated.

Crews made entry and found a fire on the first floor in an office area by the front entryway.

The crews extinguished the fire and ventilated the building. The fire was caused by a dorm room refrigerator that had an electrical issue, which sparked a fire.

No injuries were reported and damage is estimated at $8000. The building was reoccupied when Appleton Fire Department units cleared the scene at 12:21 p.m.