News

Actions

Fond du Lac crews called to fire at duplex

Posted: 8:11 AM, Jun 30, 2018
Updated: 2018-06-30 13:11:04Z

After a smoking problem caused a Friday night fire, Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue crews will spend time Saturday in the area of the 100 block of E. Johnson street talking with people about fire safety
and the importance of working smoke detectors, according to a fire department news release.

Firefighters got the call just before 10 p.m. Friday to a duplex in the area, and found smoke and fire when they arrived, the news release said.

Occupants safely escaped; no one was hurt.

"Careless use of smoking materials" caused the fire, the news release said.