News

Actions

Everyone safe after stove fire at Bellevue apartment complex

WGBA-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 8:28 AM, Oct 31, 2016
and last updated 2016-10-31 09:28:09-04
Everyone is safe after a stove fire at a Bellevue apartment complex.
 
The call came in around 4:39 a.m. to the 1800 block of Verlin Road.
 
The building is a two-story twelve unit multi-residential apartment complex. When firefighters arrived they were informed the fire on the stove was put out by deputies. Everyone was able to evacuate safely.
 
Firefighters cleared the apartment of smoke, and people were allowed to return to the building.
 
Fire crews were on scene for about 50 minutes. There were no firefighter or civilian injuries reported.
 
The Bellevue Fire Department would like to remind everyone that cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home injuries, and to be alert while cooking.