During the month of October, Catholic Charities and the diocesan Office of Marriage, Family Life, and Pro-Life are collecting diapers for the fourth annual Diocesan-wide Diaper Drive.
Diapers and baby wipes can be dropped off at Catholic Charities locations in Green Bay, as well as at several crisis pregnancy centers across northeastern Wisconsin.
Consulting with area pregnancy centers and hearing the needs of Catholic Charities clients, the Diocesan-wide Diaper Drive aims to support families in a very practical way. Over 42,000 diapers were collected last year.
“On average, a baby requires a package of diapers per week. One package of diapers is $10 which means families will spend over $500 on diapers per year," said Cassandra Krueger, child and family services case manager for Catholic Charities. "The idea behind our diaper drive is to alleviate some of the financial burdens, to free up some of the funds our clients would spend on diapers, so they can spend that on their rent or additional baby supplies that aren’t available through other community programs.”
There is a huge need within our area for diapers, but particularly the larger ones for toddlers, sizes 3-6. Diapers and baby wipes may be dropped off at the following locations:
- Hope Life Center - 622 Fifth Ave., Antigo
- Mother and Unborn Baby Care, Inc. - 526 W. Wisconsin Ave., Appleton
- Catholic Charities, Green Bay Office - 1825 Riverside Dr., Green Bay
- A&A Alexandrina Center - 101 N. Webster Ave., Green Bay
- The Crossing of Manitowoc County – 205 N. 8th St., Manitowoc
- Bay Area Pregnancy Services, Inc. - 2420 Hall Ave., Marinette
- Bella Medical Clinic - 1484 W. South Park Ave., Oshkosh
For more information, visit www.gbdioc.org/diaperdrive .