Meanwhile, one business remains closed while others are waiting for answers.
It's been three days since a carbon monoxide leak in Manitowoc sent seventeen people to area hospitals, four of whom had to undergo emergency treatment in a hyperbaric chamber.
Fire Chief Todd Blaser says that the origin of the carbon monoxide leak seems to be a mechanical failure, but at this point it's still speculation.
On the ground floor, Susie Kay's Cafe still has closed signs in the windows. Upstairs, where several people were evacuated from their apartments after reporting nausea, rooms sit empty.
The Manitowoc Fire Department says 17 people were taken to area hospitals for carbon monoxide poisoning. Fire crews were called the 1200 block of Washington Street around 9:15 AM for treatment related to carbon monoxide exposure.
Most of the residents in the apartment complex were able to leave the building, however, one had to be rescued when they were found unresponsive by firefighters.
Investigators have closed the block in downtown Manitowoc which includes shops, a cafe and the Manitowoc County Republican Party office. WPS is working with crews to find out the cause. Those impacted by the incident are being helped by the Red Cross.
Fire departments in Manitowoc and Two Rivers are responding to what is being called a 'significant' carbon monoxide incident.
Two Rivers Fire assisting Manitowoc Fire on a significant carbon monoxide incident, multiple patients.
— Scott Schneider (@Schneider2721) October 31, 2016
NBC26 has a crew on the way to the scene and we will update this story as new information becomes available.