Bathroom ceiling fan overheats, causes fire in Green Bay

GREEN BAY, Wis. - The Green Bay Metro Fire Department says an overheated bathroom ceiling fan caused a fire in an apartment building Tuesday morning.

The call came in just after 8:30 a.m. When firefighters arrived, they found moderate to heavy smoke on the south end of the apartment building at 1525 Capitol Drive. 

Crews discovered a fire in the bathroom ceiling of a vacant apartment on the second floor.

Firefighters say they extinguished the fire quickly and with minimal water. They had to pull down the bathroom ceiling to put out all the hot spots.

The affected apartment was vacant. No other units were impacted, and all tenants were able to return to their apartments.

Damage is estimated at $10,000 to the one apartment unit. No one was injured.

 

 

Print this article Back to Top