GREEN BAY (NBC 26) — Here's everything you need to know about the 2022 Green Bay Packers training camp, according to information released by the team.
The Packers will hold their first practice of the 2022 training camp on July 27 at 10:30 a.m. According to the Packers:
- 2022 marks Green Bay's 77th training camp, a tradition that began in 1946 under Curly Lambeau.
- It will be the 14th summer that Green Bay will practice at Nitschke Field, just a short walk or ride away from the team facility.
- Should inclement weather or any other factor force the team indoors, practices will be closed to the public due to space limitations inside the Don Hutson Center.
- Returning to Packers Training Camp this year will be the American Family Insurance DreamDrive bike tradition, which will take place in its typical format. Kids are invited to bring their bikes to each open practice day and offer the players a ride from Lambeau Field to Ray Nitschke Field. Due to construction on the east side of Lambeau Field, the bike path may be adjusted from the layout used in recent years.
- Green Bay will have three practices open to the public in the first week (July 27-28, 30).
- The Packers will also hold three public practices (Aug. 1-2, 4) for the second week.
- After a day off following Family Night, Green Bay will have three practices open to the public (Aug. 7-8, 10).
- The Packers will close out the public portion of training camp the following week with the a couple of joint practices (Aug. 16-17) with the New Orleans Saints.
- There will be three preseason games played, two away and one at home, to tune up for the second year of a 17-game regular season.
- Green Bay will not be using its customary training-camp arrangements at St. Norbert College again this summer due to construction projects that are upgrading residence halls on campus. Prior to 2020, St. Norbert College had hosted the Packers for training camp since 1958, with players residing in an on-campus residence hall and eating dinner in the college's commons.
- The Packers will use their facilities at Lambeau Field for their entire training-camp operations, including practice, meals, and meetings.
More information can be found on the Green Bay Packers website.