A new study shows Wisconsin ranks No. 21 among states with more than 84,000 robocall complaints filed in 2018.
In April 2019, there were 3.5 billion telemarketing and robocalls made to mobile phones in America.
While some businesses use robocalls for legitimate purposes, 43% of all robocalls are scams.
The findings are part of a study titled "The Rising Robocall Epidemic in America," which used the latest data from the Federal Trade Commission and Federal Communications Commission.
Here are 5 tips to avoid being a victim of a robocall scam:
1) Register your number with the Do Not Call List
2) Do not respond to questions that can be answered with “yes” from unknown numbers
3) Set up a password for your mobile voicemail to avoid being hacked
4) Download robocall blocking apps
5) If you receive robocalls, take action and file a complaint with the FCC.