GREEN BAY (NBC 26) -- Many of us have been spending a lot of time on virtual calls and meetings in the past several months.
Just like you would face to face, you want to leave a good impression. Here are some tips and tricks to set up your camera shot for success:
- The rule of thirds - Get your eye level about two-thirds of the way up the screen. It will help make your shot look balanced.
- Watch the light - Bright lights and windows behind your head will make the front of it darker. Flip the camera around and get that light facing your face for a better looking shot.
- Avoid distractions - Pets, family, and roommates should not make their way into the shot. Tell other people that you're going into a meeting or interview and ask that they avoid walking behind you or making noise.
- Watch your expressions - Non-verbal communication is still important. Facial expressions can still be seen by other people on the call.
- Look professional - Avoid embarrassing situations by wearing work clothes from head to toe.