Wisconsin's safer at home order is not turning away Wisconsin turkey hunters.
The spring turkey hunt season will go on without any changes to the season's dates or management zones.
Hunters are still expected to practice social distancing, remaining 6 feet apart.
The season begins on April 15th.
The following notice has been posted on the DNR's website :
Attention Spring Turkey Hunters: Spring turkey season 2020 is going on as scheduled. Here's what you need to know:
- Outdoor recreation is an essential activity under Gov. Evers’ Safer at Home order.
- Since turkey season is already designed to minimize hunter-to-hunter contact, season dates and zones will not change.
- Although we are unable to change current authorizations, there are additional permits still available at this time.
- We encourage you to find a hunting opportunity within your community.
- Adults age 18 or older must accompany a youth for the Spring Turkey Youth Hunt and should be from the same household to adhere to CDC social distancing requirements.
- If you’re hunting this year, remember to practice safe social distancing, leaving 6 feet between you and anyone you may encounter while in the field.