NewsLocal News

Actions

Propane fryer causes garage fire

Posted: 7:37 PM, Jan 20, 2019
Updated: 2019-01-21 01:37:43Z
Three people rescued in Green Bay apartment fire

APPLETON, Wis. — The Appleton Fire Department responded to a garage fire started by a propane fryer on Sunday.

Officials say residents of the home called 911 when the fire started.

A resident burned his arm trying to put the fire out.

Officials limited the damage to one area of the garage before putting the fire out.

They're reminding people not to use grills or propane fryers inside a building or close to combustible materials.