NewsLocal News

Actions

Firefighters: Overloaded dryer sparks fire

Posted: 7:58 PM, Aug 13, 2019
Updated: 2019-08-13 20:58:10-04
generic flames_1455472764437_31889458_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

FOND DU LAC, Wis. — Firefighters rescued a tenant from a Fond du Lac apartment building Tuesday after a fire sparked inside a dryer, according to a news release from Fond du Lac Fire Rescue.

Crews got the call just after 3:30 p.m. to a 16-unit apartment building on the 200 block of Grand Court.

Firefighters rescued the tenant, who was unable to leave on his own, from a second floor window, according to firefighters.

Four people were evaluated for smoke inhalation, no one was taken to the hospital.

The fire started in the dryer after it was overloaded with wet clothes, crews said.

Tenants could return after smoke was cleared from the building.

No one was hurt.