GREEN BAY, Wis. (NBC26) -- The Green Bay Metro Fire Department battled a fire at a large paper converting facility.
It happened around 10 p.m. Tuesday at Sofidel America on the 2200 block of Larsen Road.
When crews arrived on scene they found a large portion of the 1,000,000 square foot warehouse heavily charged with smoke.
They found some active fire on a paper converting machine.
The fire was quickly extinguished and they ventilated the large warehouse.
Facility staff evacuated and everyone got out safely.
No injuries were reported.
Damage is estimated at $250,000.
The cause of the fire was malfunction of operation machinery.
Firefighters remind business owners and managers to have a functional evacuation and accountability plan in place in case of an emergency.