NEW LONDON, Wis. - A family is displaced after a house fire Thursday night.
It happened around 10:00 p.m. when the fire department was called to the home on South Mill Street. Firefighters found the kitchen of the home in flames.
A woman was home when the fire started, along with her three children. Her husband was not home at the time. They were able to get out safely and no one was hurt.
The woman says she was cooking food when grease caught on fire.
The fire department contacted the Red Cross and the family was placed in a local hotel.