MANITOWOC, Wis. - All of the victims of last week's apartment fire in Manitowoc have found temporary or permanent housing, according to The Salvation Army.
Fire victims were allowed back into their apartments on Wednesday morning to retrieve some of their personal belongings and to see the damage first hand, according to Steve Hansen with the American Red Cross.
On Monday, 15 people spent the night in the shelter set up at Wilson Junior High School which is two more people than the previous night.
Also on Monday, Hansen says the fire department and the apartment property manager informed the fire victims that it will be a minimum of three weeks before they'll be able to move back into their units.
"I just panicked. I was yelling, 'I'm still in here," said Kay Konecny.
Konecny was home when the Parkview Haven Apartments caught fire last week. Her son had to rush inside to save her.
Konecny is one of many now homeless. The Red Cross says over 80 people were displaced and a dozen like Konecny need a permanent home. For some time, she stayed at the shelter at Wilson Junior High School.