NewsLocal News

Actions

Appleton duplex damaged in fire

Posted: 3:41 AM, Jul 08, 2019
Updated: 2019-07-08 04:58:06-04
Winds spread house fire in Howard

APPLETON, Wis. — A duplex was damaged in a fire in Appleton.

It happened around 11:30 p.m. Sunday on the 100 block of East McKinley Street.

Heavy smoke and fire were coming from the rear of a lower and upper duplex.

Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

Most of the damage was in the upper unit. There was some water damage to the lower unit.

No one was home at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported.

The fire remains under investigation.

The duplex is now uninhabitable and occupants are staying with relatives.