Have an Old-Fashioned Christmas
The Spirit of Christmas at Heritage Hill
The Spirit of Christmas at Heritage HIll Video by nbc26.comvideo
Green Bay-- Get ready for an old-fashioned Christmas at Heritage Hill. This Saturday, you can travel back in time while celebrating the season in a historical setting.
The Spirit of Christmas - Saturday December 8th, 2012 - noon-6p.m.
Cost: $9 for adults, $8 for seniors (over 62) and $7 for children 4-17 (children 3 and under free.) $1 off admission with a canned food item on day of event only.
Enjoy a Christmas Shadow play, music from local performers, historical dancing, holiday baking, crafts, storytelling, wagon rides and visit with Santa!
Activity by Area:
Education Center-Upper level
- Cheesecake Heaven - Purchase mouth watering seasonal and standard cakes.
- Musical Group Performances - Times and groups TBA.
Education Center-Lower Level
- Shadow Play-The Elves and the Shoemaker! Enjoy the magical mischief of two elves as they create a Christmas miracle for a jolly old shoemaker and his wife.
- Visit with Santa! What's different about our Santa versus the modern day version? Stop by to find out!
- Learn how Christmas was celebrated in the Great Depression. Listen to period music on a Victrola.
- Holiday Baking-smell the aroma of a wood burning stove.
- What is Cougnou? Learn about this Belgian tradition and learn what it means.
- Cookie decorating - time to frost and taste a cookie.
- Visit with St. Nick in the Farmhouse Parlor.
Belgian Farmouse Summer Kitchen
- Schnitzlebank demonstration and display of historic toys.
- Demonstration of a 1830s officers Christmas meal
- Parlor decorated for a typical Fort Howard Officer's Christmas
- Listen to Christmas stories by the fireplace.
- Enjoy making an exciting Christmas craft!
- Musical Group Performances. Times and groups TBA.
- Christmas Cracker making demonstrations.
- Making a calling card or greeting card!
- Watch a holiday stocking holder being created from raw metal.
- Tour one of the oldest homes in Wisconsin and see how it was decorated years ago.
- Historic Dancing from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wagon Rides - pick up Tank Barn
- Wagon Rides 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Cost is $1.00 per person.
- Consessions - while supplies last
For more information visit www.HeritageHillGB.org