Pet on the Set
No Pumpkins for Pooches
Halloween Safety Tips for Dogs and Cats
Halloween safety tips from the Bay Area Humane Society. Video by nbc26.comvideo
Green Bay, WI -
The Bay Area Humane Society is having a "Halloween Spooktacular" special through October 31st. Cats and dogs of all ages that have any black or orange (tan) on them will receive 50% off their adoption fee. This special is valid at both the main shelter, and the PetSmart adoption center and is valid with other ongoing specials including $27 pit bulls and $25 kittens.
To make the sale even sweeter, the first 50 people to adopt will receive a goodie bag with a T-shirt and special discounts.
The Humane Society also has Halloween safety reminders for pet owners of dogs and cats:
- No chocolate or raisins for pets.
- Keep pumpkins away from pets (especially pumpkins with a candle inside.)
- If you choose to dress up your pet, make sure the costume isn't annoying or unsafe.
- Keep dogs in a separate room from trick-or-treaters.
- No candy wrappers for your pets!
The Bay Area Humane Society is located at 1830 Radisson St, Green Bay, and also has a pet adoption center in PetSmart at 825 Pilgrim Way, Green Bay.